Office 365 performs swiftly such as emails and other tasks considerably better than other platforms. If users also wish to complete their tasks through Office 365, even at rest users are utilizing Lotus Notes and required to Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration. So, users must necessitate acquiring some compulsory technical expertise tracts to migrate lotus notes data to office 365 and move the entire Lotus Notes data stored to Office 365 successfully.
Well, in this blog we are giving some reasons to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 and also guide how to migrate Lotus Notes data to Office 365 So, read why should migrate data from Lotus Notes to Office 365 platform?
Why should migrate lotus notes data to office 365?
There are several reasons behind the migrate Lotus Notes data to Office 365:
- The shifting of Lotus Notes data is not parsimoniously organized to the Office 365 cloud platform.
- MS Office 365 affords superb functional traits for corporates.
- No need for any technical expertise to utilize Lotus Notes, but the Lotus Notes is tough for the beginner and desires acute learning.
- Compared to Lotus Notes there is Office 365 has an interactive and economic environment.
Here, users may follow that manner described below for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.
Using IMAP to perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration
Apply IMAP Connector in IBM Lotus Notes to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365. Users can utilize this manual way when users need to shift their business communications to MS Office 365.
Follow the given steps:
- At first, make the backup process of Lotus Notes NSF files
Firstly create a backup of every existing user’s mailboxes stored as NSF files. Backup required before migration is obligatory to avoid data loss that may happen due to any inconsistency during the relocating procedure. Users should be created Lotus Notes archives for backup.
- Create new mailboxes
While the backup of NSF files is created, the next step is to make new mailboxes for all users having a present profile in the Lotus Notes desktop email client.
- Enable IMAP TCP/IP Port for all users
In this step, enable IMAP for all users. To do so, as below:
- Run Domino Administrator in Lotus Notes.
- Next, hit on the Configuration.
- Click on the “the Server document” for the server that opens the IMAP service.
- Follow the sequence: Ports – Internet Ports – Mail tab
- To enable the default IMAP TCP/IP Port. To do so, users resolve have to adjust the ‘TCP/IP port value status’ to ‘Enabled’ in the Mail (IMAP) column (By default, the IMAP clients get connected to TCP/IP port no 143 on the Domino server).
- At last, click on the ‘Save’ button, and go with Exit.
- Connect with IMAP Connector
At last, make use of the IMAP Connector to synchronize emails from the Lotus Notes email client into Office 365.
Once users perform all the above stages, migrating Lotus Notes to Office 365 atmosphere from Lotus Notes becomes possible.
Using IMAP Connector raises the following limitations
- The manual creation of calendar entries takes additional time and time-consuming down the shifting process.
- The migration using IMAP protocol moves only online data to Office 365.
- Size restriction in IMAP Connector, with it, can move emails of less than 1 GB size.
- This technic involves applying several filters that are costly and complex.
Migration using an expert Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool is only one of the most excellent solutions that users are obliged to try. With this, users can effectively migrate all the mailbox data which consists of email messages, address books, calendars, drafts, appointments, journals, attachments, etc. from Lotus Notes to Office 365. Being a superior tool, it does not reason for any data loss during the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process.
- Immediate and helpful migration of whole mailbox data from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- It can easily migrate single & multiple NSF files to Microsoft Outlook, Live Exchange, and Office 365.
- Date Range setting feature to filter mailbox data to migration
- Folder Mapping feature available, to map Lotus Notes mailbox folders with Office 365 mailbox folders for the migration with easiness
- Preview Lotus Notes mailbox data before migrating process
- Simple to exercise application that no need for technical expertise.
Manually Lotus Notes Migration is a very typical task to accomplish; it necessitates technical proficiency about the platform. Hence, technical specialists suggest utilizing third-party tool Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration to migrate lotus notes data to office 365. A free demo variant is also designed of the software that allows the first 50 items per folder for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.