Preparing your residential or commercial Roof for hurricane season is one of the first things you should do to protect your home. Some things that you should do are:
- Consult the Roofing Company to inspect your roof for damage and replace any damaged shingles.
- Make sure that all vents, chimneys, and skylights are secure.
- Inspect the attic and make sure there is no water damage or leaks.
- Remove any debris from the roof such as leaves or branches before hurricane season starts.
What is a Hurricane and how can it Damage Your Roof?
Hurricanes are some of the most powerful and devastating storms that can strike the United States. These storms are known for their high winds, heavy rains, and storm surges. Hurricane season in the United States runs from June 1st to November 30th.
Hurricanes can damage your roof in many ways. The two most common ways that hurricanes can cause roof damage are by wind and water. Wind is a powerful force that can easily tear away shingles from your roof, while water is a strong force that will seep into your home through any cracks or openings it finds on the roof.
The best way to prepare your home for a hurricane is to ensure you have proper protection on your roof before hurricane season begins Roofing Company will guide you better for this.
How to Properly Install a New Roof This Summer
Installing a new roof is not a difficult task to do. All you need is the right tools and the right materials. But, before you start installing the new roof, it’s important to make sure that your old roof is ready for removal.
1) Check for any nails or screws that are sticking out of the old roof. If they are sticking out, they could damage your new roof when you install it.
2) make sure that there is no water on the old roof before you remove it as this will damage your new roof as well.
3) Remove any shingles that are damaged or missing from your old roof, and discard them in a safe place where children or animals can’t get to them (like in an enclosed trash bag , or up on the roof).
What You Should Know About Damaged Asphalt Shingles & How To Repair Them?
The roofing shingle is a crucial part of the roof. It protects the roof from extreme weather and adds to the aesthetic appeal of your home. But what happens when you notice that your shingles are damaged or have been blown off by high winds? In order to save your home from getting water damage, it is important that you install new shingles ASAP.
Here are some tips for replacing shingles on your roof:
- Purchase the right kind of shingles your roof is located on a perpendicular slope, which means that your shingles will be sloped as they come off the roof. If you choose not to purchase shingles with a different angle, you may end up with leaks in your home.
- Install new shingles so they are angled on the roof installing new shingles that are not angled on your roof will also lead to leaks. You can purchase a different type of shingle that is tilted in order to avoid these leaks.
- Install a cap over your chimney A chimney cap can be an effective tool for preventing water from leaking into your home through your chimney. Cap your chimney before winter to prevent water from entering the home during this time .Install an outdoor faucet A rain barrel can also be helpful in keeping your yard free of puddles and lawn standing, but it will not help eliminate the risk of freezing and thawing, which can lead to ice dams, potentially damaging your roof.
Read more interesting articles at Code Habitude