Upsurging Demand for Synthetic Automotive Engine Oil to Boost Growth
The industry is anticipated to be affected positively owing to the increasing demand for synthetic automotive engine oil. It is mainly considered to be a replacement for mineral based engine oil. This type of oil is experiencing high demand from the developed regions, such as Europe and North America.
It consists of chemically similar properties that of mineral based oil. Synthetic engine oil is capable of extending oil change intervals, decreases oil consumption, and enhances fuel economy.
It is also less likely to oxidize, is not volatile, and is resistant to temperature change. However, increasing sustainability issues for the companies to exist in the highly competitive industry may hamper the automotive engine oil industry growth during the forthcoming period.
Highlights of This Report:
- Industry strategies and shares of key companies.
- A complete backdrop analysis consisting of an assessment of the parents industry.
- Emerging regional industry and niche segments.
- Evaluation and reporting of the latest industry developments.
- Significant changes in industry dynamics.
- Insights of the automotive engine oil industry trends and opportunities.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Comprehensive analysis of the industry growth drivers, obstacles, opportunities, and other related challenges.
- Tracks the developments, such as new product launches, agreements, mergers and acquisitions, geographical expansions, and joint ventures.
- Identifies industry restraints and boosters.
- Identifies all the possible segments present in the industry to aid organizations in strategic business planning.
The global automotive engine oil industry is set to gain momentum from the increasing demand for lower viscosity motor oil as they are capable of enhancing the fuel economy. Many OEMs have also begun recommending these types of oils to enhance performance. Fortune Business Insights™ provided this information in a recent report, “Automotive Engine Oil Industry Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Grade (Mineral, Synthetic and Semi-synthetic), By Engine Type (Diesel, Petrol, Alternative Fuel), By Application Area (Passenger Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV), Heavy Commercial Vehicle (HCV), Two Wheeler, and Other), and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026.” The report further states that the automotive engine oil industry size was USD 36.49 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 45.66 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.88% during the forecast period.
Diesel Segment to Grow Significantly Backed by Cost-effective Nature
In terms of engine type, the industry is segregated into alternative fuels, petrol, and diesel. Out of these, the diesel segment procured 43.38% automotive engine oil industry share in 2018. This growth is attributable to the cost-effective nature of diesel engines, as compared to the petrol ones.
Also, these are approximately 40% more efficient than the petrol engines because they possess more energy. The combustion process reduced the emission of carbon dioxide and is efficient.
Rising Number of Vehicles to Favor Growth in Asia Pacific
The industry is geographically classified into Europe, the Middle East and Africa, North America, Asia Pacific, and South America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific generated USD 12.41 billion in 2018 in terms of the industry revenue.
It is considered to be one of the fastest-growing and largest regions in the industry because of the rising number of vehicles present in countries, such as Thailand, India, and China.
China and India are projected to have the maximum number of vehicles on road. India is also considered to be the largest industry for two wheelers. Indians in England, on the other hand, would exhibit considerable growth backed by the increasing government support to promote the usage of energy-efficient oil.
Key Players Engage in Mergers & Acquisitions to Gain Competitive Edge
The industry consists of several small, medium, and large scale companies that are presently adopting the strategy of mergers and acquisitions with other reputed enterprises to enhance their product offerings and other associated services. Below are a couple of the key industry developments:
- September 2019: RelaDyne joined hands with Circle Lubricants to broaden its geographic presence in the Northeast. It would also help the company in delivering its automotive and lubricant products throughout New Jersey, New York, and its surrounding areas.
- September 2019: Saudi Aramco completed the acquisition of 50% interest of Shell Saudi Arabia Limited in the SASREF joint venture. It would help the former in upsurging the capacity and complexity of its refineries.
- Comprehensive elaboration Industry share and growth factors
- Global Thermal barrier ceramic coating Industry offers updates on the Industry player to expand their industry share.
- It offers a multitude of strategic business strategies that can help in the foreseeable future.
- To examine and study size, volume, value, regions and countries.
- It helps in understanding the major key product segments.
- It offers regional analysis of Manufacturers along with the business development of several stakeholders.
- It offers analytical data with strategic planning methodologies.
- Detailed overview of Industry sales, revenue, product demand-supply.