Creating a WordPress multisite with different domains is a great way to manage all your sites from a single installation. You can give each site its own domain name.
This allows website owners to quickly launch websites without worrying about managing multiple WordPress installations.
In this article, we’ll show you best way how to simply and easily create a WordPress multisite with different domains, step-by-step.
How to Create WordPress Multisite and How to Set It Up?
A. Why Create a WordPress Multisite with Different Domains?
WordPress allows you to easily create multiple sites using the same WordPress installation. The best part is that you can use different top domain names for each of your websites.
There are several good best domain name registrars and cheap wordpress hosting India provider available, like DomainRacer etc.
WordPress Multisite is the most popular solution for bloggers, businesses, educational sites, and institutions that run multiple websites because it lets users create a network of subdomains.
However, you can also assign a different admin to each website. With a single download, you can install and activate WordPress themes, plugins, and templates for all of the websites on your network.
B. What Do You Need to Create a WordPress Multisite with Different Domains?
The best WordPress hosting provider that supports multiple domains as well as WordPress multisite. You can choose any hosting plan that provide single click Installation WordPress.
We recommend using DomainRacer. They are one of the best WordPress hosting providers and support WordPress multisite domains. Buy this best VPS hosting India servers with high-end-hardware to get free cpanel accounts & unlimited bandwidth.
DomainRacer’s low cost hosting plan comes with various unique features. You can run a network of blogs or websites from a single WordPress installation.
Next, you need to register the best domain names that you want to use for your website. For domain name registration, we recommend the same company, DomainRacer, because they offer very affordable domain and hosting services.
Step 1: Setup WordPress Multisite
First, buy domain name and hosting plan. Check if your web hosting provider supports multiple websites in your hosting plan.
Although you could use shared hosting, VPS hosting or a dedicated server etc. You can purchase and upgrade your vps plan to low cost dedicated server hosting India for your Linux based website.
Most top web hosting providers will offer you a free domain name for your website. Top DomainRacer offers free top-level domain name with their hosting plan.
Using DomainRacer’s service will get proper security and expert support. It has all the most important features in all hosting plans.
Once you have installed the WordPress application, the next step is to enable WordPress multisite functionality for your website.
Now you need to go to your WordPress admin dashboard and reload the admin dashboard page. After that, you need to visit Tools and then click on the Network Setup page to configure your WordPress multisite.
In the next step to configuration for your wp-config.php file in the base directory of your WordPress installation. You need to add two pieces of code.
Step 2: Creating New Websites Using Custom Domains in WordPress Multisite
Follow the below steps to creating new website using custom domain in WordPress Multisite. Once everything is set up, let’s create your first website using a different domain name.
- From your multisite network admin dashboard, click on “Sites” and then “Add NewPage”
- Add a Site Address, Title, select a language, and afterward enter the administrator email address.
- Click on the ‘Add Site’ button to make your site.
- Next, you need to go to the Sites, then click on the All Sites page and click on the ‘Edit’ button for the site you just created. Add the custom domain name that you want to use for this site under the Site Address field.
- Click on the Save Changes button to store your settings.
- At the point when you make another site, repeat the cycle to Add more websites and afterward change their site address to the customs domain name.
Step 3: Adding Custom Domain Names to Your Hosting Account
Now you need to add custom domain names to your hosting account.
I believe you have chosen WordPress hosting providers that allow you to easily add multiple domains to your hosting account.
- Next too, you need to go to Domains, click on Parked Domains, and then add your custom domain name.
- Repeat the process if you want to add more custom domain names.
- You’ll locate the parked domain option under the Domains section of your hosting dashboard.
If you are using your DomainRacer hosting provider as your domain registrar, then you get free DNS Management and Domain Forwarding Services. FREE virus-protected email accounts.
In the first place, you’ll require the DNS data for your hosting supplier. You can find it under your hosting control board or you can ask their care staff.
- You can go to the control panel>> DNS information. Login to your domain name registrar website and click on the DNS and Nameservers section.
- Once DNS information is updated, you will see your WordPress multisite’s childsite for each domain.
Step 4. Login to WordPress Multisite on Custom Domains
You can customize things like installing WordPress plugins, themes, templates etc. If you choose DomainRacer web hosting, then you get 1000+ themes, templates, and layouts.
- If you want to work on individual sites, then visit the Sites>>All Sites page and click on the Dashboard.
- After coming to this page, you can create and write blog posts and manage that particular site.
In this article, we’ve explored How to Create a WordPress Multisite with Different Domains in just 4 Steps and discussed what a WordPress Multisite is and how to set it up.
We explained the basics of WordPress multisite setting management. If you are going to start your own website, you will need to meet a few technical requirements, such as a domain name and hosting.
You will need a domain and web hosting service provider like DomainRacer that can handle multiple domains on a single web hosting plan.
We hope that this article has helped you to create WordPress Multisite and how to fully utilize it for your online business or project.