Translation services got a boost in June 2020 when Apple rolled out its translation app, Translate. The company developed the app to support its iPad OS and iOS. The App can translate both text and speech.
All translation takes place on the app’s neural engine. Therefore, you can use the app when offline.
In 2021, Apple re-engineered the app to run in Ipad OS 15. The company introduced both products in 2021.
Can you use the app for Tigrinya translation services? Let us see.
The app can translate in the following languages:
- UK English
- US English
- Mandarin Chinese
- European Spanish
- Brazilian Portuguese
Translate Features to iPad OS 15
Translate has an array of features that are compatible with iPad OS 15. Some of the major features include Safari updates, shareplay, and photo changes. The following are the other notable features that Translate has on iPad OS 15:
With IOS 15, you can select text from anywhere for translation. So, you can copy-paste or take a picture of the text for translation. Whenever in transit, point your iPad to a signboard, menu, or book to get translated into your preferred language.
IOS 15 can identify any text on an image or photo and translate it in real-time. You do not have to wait for long. Instead, you get an instant translation that enables you to stay on the move or place your food order in an exotic hotel without delay.
You can also browse the internet and select any text for translation. What you need to do is to highlight the text and prompt your iPad to translate.
You can also translate screenshots, live previews, Safari, or Quick Look.
You can get in a conversation mode using Translate for iPad OS 15. Whenever you call someone that speaks another language, you will get a response in your language. Such a feature makes conversation easier despite the language barrier.
When you start talking, Translate detects your speech until you stop for the other person to speak. You do not have to use a complex process when having a conversation. All you need to do is to speak and wait for a response from the other person.
You can also get your chat translated using Translate for OS 15. After receiving a text in another language, Translate will show you a dialogue box with a translated message. So, your chat will keep flowing until you close that business deal or help someone in need.
When chatting, Translate allows you to see the face of the other person during a chat. Such a feature makes chatting more lively, and you feel like you are having a live conversation.
When chatting, you have two options. You can opt to sync the translation for the translated chat to appear next to the untranslated chat. Alternatively, you can split that chat for the translated chat to appear on a separate window from the untranslated chat.
Language Drop-down Menu
You do not have to open a language list manually to select your preferred language. All you need to do is to open a drop-down menu and select a language from the list. Such a feature helps you stay on your chat or conversation window all along with your conversation.
How to Turn on Apple Translate on iPad OS 15
When you need to translate a chat or speech using Translate, you have to turn the app on. Initially, both parties to a conversation had to tap their microphone before starting a conversation. However, you do not have to do that when using iPad OS 15. All you need to do is to speak without any interaction with the screen.
The following is the process of turning Translate on when you need to have a conversation:
- If you need to start a conversation, you need to tap the conversation tab on your Translate app. You will find the tab at the bottom of the iPad window. Also, the tab will always appear at the bottom of the window whether you are in portrait or landscape view.
- The next step is to tap the three dots (ellipsis) appearing on the bottom right side.
- A pop-up menu will appear with an auto-translate option. Select it.
- Now your iPad is ready for a conversation. You do not need to do anything else apart from starting the conversation. So, do not touch anything when starting the conversation or when stopping for your receiver to respond.
The process for translating text is different. It is as follows:
- Copy-paste, take a screenshot, or access the text that you need to translate.
- To select the text, long-press the text until the text selection option appears.
- Drag the ends of the selection option to highlight the text that you need to translate.
- Afterward, you will see the option copy, share, look up, and translate. If you do not find the translate option, click a small arrow that appears to select more options.
- After selecting the translate option, you will see a warning box telling you that Translate will send the text to Apple for translation. So, accept by tapping the okay option. If you click the cancel option, Translate will not continue with the translation process.
- After accepting the warning a pop-up will appear with translated text.
- You will also get the option to copy or share the translated text. If you only wanted to see the translation, you do not need to copy or share it.
If you do not want to send your text to Apple for translation, you have the option to do it on your iPad. The process is as follows:
- Go to the app settings.
- Select the translate option.
- Afterward, select the on-device mode.
- The next step is to select the translation option. You will see the options from and to prompting you to select the languages that you prefer.
Selecting the on-device mode requires you to download language packs. The app has a menu for downloading languages.
Future Trans Scoop: Why Do You Need Translation Services?
Do you know that Future Trans offers Tigrinya translation services? Now you know. How about we explore why you need translation services?
Spreading of information and ideas
Ideas and information can come from anyone. So, language should never be a barrier that can hinder you from getting information and ideas. However, we live in a world that hosts people from different backgrounds. People also have different cultural aspects, including language.
Who needs ideas and information? Everyone. However, scientists, humanitarian workers, emergency responders, educators, and scholars are some of the people who require massive information. Such people look for information from anywhere, and translation comes in handy for them.
Reaching a Larger Audience
Translation gets your message to everyone in the world. Such a benefit is important to business people that are seeking to increase their market share. Spreading information about your products to everyone makes them identify with the products and buy them.
In the absence of translation, your message can only remain in your domestic market. Additionally, a language barrier can downsize your domestic market to your local area. So, use translation services to enable your message to reach a larger audience.
Creating a Common Understanding
Sometimes, you need to reach a consensus with people from a different language. For example, in international legal tussles, parties involved can be from different regions. They can also be speaking different languages. However, the jury has to make a verdict that both parties will understand. It takes translation to resolve such a matter.
Investing in Translation Services
Do you know you can make money using your native language? All you need to do is find someone in need of translation in your language and assist them. You can also decide to invest in technical translation to create a common understanding among different communities.
Traveling with Ease
Tourists benefit more from translation services. When visiting a different location, you need to identify the language that the locals speak. Afterward, you can get an app that will translate the local language into a language you understand.
Translation helps you read signposts, interpret menus, and converse with a person speaking a different language. As a traveler, you will have an easy time navigating your way, eating, and finding attractive sports.
So, translation makes tourism enjoyable because you cannot miss a special event, food, or attraction when visiting an alien land.
Future Trans Translation Services
If you need translation services in African and Middle East languages, you can reach out to us. We have over 25 years of experience in translating.
We leverage technology to employ the latest versions of project management and quality assurance tools that help us offer translation services with precision.
Contact Future Trans for bulk document translating and localizing. We have an in-house pool of talents to offer you nothing short of professional services.